Premium Quality Private Selection Thin Crust Margherita Pizza
  • Unfortunately, the pizza did not quite live up to my expectations
  • I was however disappointed that the pizza did not cook evenly
  • About a quarter of it was starting to burn while the rest of the pizza, I think, could have cooked for maybe another couple of minutes
  • I was able to get three meals out of the whole pizza, with bread added on the side and I enjoyed the flavor offered to an extent

• by GenesisOne

For just three dollars and thirty-three cents, this frozen pizza made by Kroger and sold under the Private Selection brand name sounded just too good to pass up. The box that held the Premium Quality Private Selection Thin Crust Margherita Pizza stated that this pizza had three kinds of cheeses - mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano - as well as tomato, olive oil and garlic. This frozen pizza had actual pieces of sliced tomato on top of it as opposed to pizza sauce.

The description sounded as if this was a pizza that had

a lot of flavor to offer as opposed to the standard, “lazy” type pizzas nowadays found in restaurants where pizzas are basically composed of three things: dough, sauce and cheese and no spices, herbs or extras of any sort. Unfortunately, the pizza did not quite live up to my expectations.

While it sounded real tasty, the pizza was ultimately just about average. It did have a richer tomato flavor than most pizzas that I have tried, both frozen and restaurant sold, I was not wowed by the three cheeses.

This pizza simply was ...

• not overly cheesy. Still though, at least I could taste the cheese - the olive oil and garlic, I could not.

I did not notice either and that was disappointing. The thin crust was crispy as it was supposed to be, so I was pleased with that.

The pizza only took eleven minutes to cook, which was not surprising since the directions called for ten to twelve minutes. I was however disappointed that the pizza did not cook evenly.

About a quarter of it was starting to burn while the rest of the

pizza, I think, could have cooked for maybe another couple of minutes. The reason I say that is because I think the tomato slices were supposed to “melt” into the pizza, which they did in the section that was starting to burn.

Ultimately, the pizza was worth the money despite its problems here and there. I was able to get three meals out of the whole pizza, with bread added on the side and I enjoyed the flavor offered to an extent.

It certainly could have been tastier and cooked more evenly, but overall, not too bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272501965880531/k2311a0125/1.25.10