Wicked on Broadway  » Theatre  »
  • They have a very interesting relationship and the actresses are able to properly and deeply convey that relationship
  • This musical is the best musical I have ever seen and I would see is again and again
  • Seeing this musical is an experience that I will always remember

• by forevergrateful12

When I went to see Wicked on Broadway, I hadn’t spend that much time in New York City before that. It was just after I graduated almost two years ago and my boyfriend told me to come to New York City to see him because he had a surprise for me. I was sitting on the couch covering my eyes and then he put the tickets in front of me. I was estatic. I had read the book and listened to the soundtrack and had fallen in love with it. So, I was so glad that he was able to buy the tickets.

The musical is very expensive, especially if you want really good seats. But that’s with any Broadway show, plus it is 100 percent worth it. You will have the time

of your life if you go see this musical.

The actors were wonderful. I loved how natural their voices sounded when they sang and how they were all able to work together and put on such a great performance. Watching a musical is so much different than watching a movie because if you mess up in a movie, they can edit it and you can redo the act. But with a musical, it is what it is. You have one chance to get it right and if you mess up, then everyone in the theater will see your mistake. These actors worked towards perfection and that is what they gave.

I loved the make-up as well. I was sitting towards the middle and I was worried that I wasn’t going to be able to ...

• see their faces very well. But I could see them perfectly and that had a lot to do with the make-up. The make-up on Alfie was a very rich, dark green covering her face. She actually looked like a real wicked witch and it helped me see her facial expressions when she was acting and when she was singing.

Every actor and actress contributed to making the story come alive, and it is such a powerful story. If you have seen the Wizard of Oz, then Wicked will help you understand exactly why Alfie aka the Wicked Witch of the West is the way she is. She isn’t wicked just to be wicked. There were people in her life that made her that way and you really feel her pain and emotion because

of the actress that plays her character.

I also love how the relationship between Alfie and Glinda develops. They have a very interesting relationship and the actresses are able to properly and deeply convey that relationship. They hate each other at first, but then they start to understand each other more and why their personalities are the way they are. They even become friends, even if it is a bit secretive. It’s pretty crazy.

This musical is the best musical I have ever seen and I would see is again and again. I don’t care what the price is, if I had the money, I would go again. It’s one of those stories that you could watch a million times and it will still be interesting. Seeing this musical is an experience that I will always remember.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 322501965810531/k2311a0125/1.25.10