Skippy Reduced Fat Peanut Butter  » Food  »
  • The first thing that I noticed was that the calories per serving (2 tbsp) for both products was an identical 190
  • Try Skippy Reduced Fay Creamy peanut butter and you will not be disappointed

• by truth_be_told

I have recently become addicted to Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy peanut butter, which has 25% less fat than regular peanut butter. In fact, I have come to prefer the taste of the reduced fat spread over the tradition full-fat variety.

As a health concious individual, I was skeptical about how a “healthier” product could taste better than its fattier relative.

My biggest

fear that was Skippy had taken some fat out of the peanut butter, only to add extra sugar; so I did some research comparing Reduced Fat to Original Creamy.

The first thing that I noticed was that the calories per serving (2 tbsp) for both products was an identical 190.

This immediately worried me because a lower fat food should naturally have fewer calories ...

• per serving.

I then observed that the total carbohydrates per serving for the Reduced Fat variety was more that twice the amount of the Original (15 grams compared to 7 grams).

This is due in part, per my initial fear, to the 2 grams of additional sugar in the Reduced Fat peanut butter; 2 grams may not seem like a lot, but it

is significant when you take into account that a serving size is only 2 tbsp.

In the end, however, I had to ask myself one question: Is 4 fewer grams of fat and superior taste worth a couple extra carbs and sugars? My answer to this question is a resounding “YES!” Try Skippy Reduced Fay Creamy peanut butter and you will not be disappointed.

Melanie says :

re : Try Skippy Reduced Fay Creamy peanut butter and you will not be disappointed
    I am addicted to skippy, 25% less fat, creamy peanut better. I love the texture, the flavor. Like oh my goodness its amazing

Melanie says :

I noticed the calories being the same but not the first thing I noticed at all.

Galega says :

Generally, one gram fat contains 9 calories. Whereas the amount is 4 calories for protein and carbohydrates. That’s why less fat means less calorie intake. You might be comparing it with something even better. In any case, there is no doubt that this butter contains less calories.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272501965660531/k2311a0125/1.25.10