Drag Me to Hell (UR, 2009)  » Movies  »
0.5
  • Had I watched it in the movies, I would have been extremely disappointed
  • The trouble with this film is that I have a problem in mixing comedy with horror
  • But if you’re going to scare someone, I think that the tension should build and build, and not be broken with spontaneous laughter

• by Famous

I am soooo glad that I waited to see “Drag Me to H3ll” on DVD. Had I watched it in the movies, I would have been extremely disappointed.

In any case, I didn’t like that the film was too much of a dark comedy with some cheesy horror elements

thrown in.

There was a lot of hype about this movie because of the pretense.

But I didn’t like that Alison and Justin didn’t really have any real chemistry in the movie.

I don’t think that was really the point.

But the writers chose to have a ...

• conflict between Alison and Justin’s mother in order to set up other horrific circumstances.

The entire preface in the beginning was necessary for the viewer to understand why the main character goes through what she goes through.

The trouble with this film is that I have a problem in

mixing comedy with horror.

I don’t want to see something deep and horrific—and then have a quirky giggle.

There is nothing wrong with black comedy in general.

But if you’re going to scare someone, I think that the tension should build and build, and not be broken with spontaneous laughter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112501965410431/k2311a0125/1.25.10