Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System  » Health  »
1.5
  • My skin was definitely at its worst between the ages of twelve and seventeen, but then started to get better as the years waned on
  • Since I've already had experience with Neutrogena products, I figured I'd try thier advanced acne system
  • I found, through the use of these products, that it's a bit too much lotion for my liking
  • You're supposed to be able to see improvements within just a couple days and, unfortunately, I really didn't see much of an improvement, even after a week

• by Anasuya

I’ve been a fan of Neutrogena products for many years now. I was introduced, by a friend of mine, to their cream cleanser face wash, and have used it religiously for about five years, and find that it’s really helped control my breakouts a lot. I’ve always suffered from acne or skin problems since I first hit puberty at twelve years of age.

My skin was definitely at its worst between the ages of twelve and seventeen, but then started to get better as the years waned on. Now I’m in my thirties, and I’ve learned a lot about skin care over the years, and all the do’s and dont’s associated with your skin and the application of make-up and all that good stuff.

But, occassionally, even using the neutrogena cream cleanser

regularly, I still have a breakout here and there than can be nothing more than a few minor pimples, to some very big and obnoxious pimples, and so I’ve learned that preventative measures need to be stepped up a bit to keep this from happening. Since I’ve already had experience with Neutrogena products, I figured I’d try thier advanced acne system.

It’s a bit pricey, at about $25, which puts it at almost $10 more than a lot of these other acne control kits out there, but Neutrogena products tend to be a bit more expensive generally speaking, so it didn’t surprise me, and I liked the cream cleanser so was willing to make the investment and give it a shot. It comes with the acne cleanser, the acne reducing lotion and the ...

• overnight lotion.

I found, through the use of these products, that it’s a bit too much lotion for my liking. My skin is very oily by nature, and though the lotions are oil-free, I still felt as if my skin was greasy by the end of the day, more so than it would be without the use of these products.

I loved the cleanser, which made me feel fresh and really removed dirt and grime very thoroughly, but the over night lotion I could really do it without. The other lotion wasn’t bad, but the over night lotion seemed to rest very heavy on my skin.

You’re supposed to be able to see improvements within just a couple days and, unfortunately, I really didn’t see much of an improvement, even after a

week. My acne or skin breakouts really aren’t that severe, so maybe it would’ve been more effective if it WAS a severe case, but for my mild acne, this really didn’t do much at all but act like any basic soap would act on your skin.

I didn’t like the feeling or consistency of the over-night lotion at all. Not that these products made me breakout more, or anything like that, but I certainly didn’t see or even feel any kind of improvement in my skin.

Not even the tone or texture improved, which was surprising to me, because usually I’ll get a least one benefit from a product like this. If I continue using Nuetrogena products, I’ll stick with the on-the-spot treatment and the cream cleanser and save myself about $15 a month!

Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342501965100431/k2311a0125/1.25.10