Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-In-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, that would be a total fabrication of the truth
  • I've tried all kinds of products, and some of them have worked, but I like to try products by companies and brands I've already liked, and Neutrogena is one of those brands

• by Anasuya

I’d like to be able to say that I’ve had clear and beautiful skin all my life, to such a point that I could be a neutrogena skin care spokesperson. Unfortunately, that would be a total fabrication of the truth. IN truth, it’s been quite the opposite.

As a teen, I struggled with some moderate to severe acne that I often hid behind gobs of heavy make-up (which did nothing for my skin, let me tell you) or behind my own hair that I kept forever in my face. It wasn’t until my late teens that I truly discovered the importance behind proper skin care, and since then, the conditions of my skin have improved dramatically.

I

still have a very oily complexion that seems to be the bane of my existence and, because of the oil, and menstral hormones, and stress in my ripe old age of thirty-four, I still have my occassional (or more specifically, once a month) breakout that tends to be a bit of an embarassment more often than I’d like to admit. I’ve tried all kinds of products, and some of them have worked, but I like to try products by companies and brands I’ve already liked, and Neutrogena is one of those brands.

I’ve used their cream cleanser, on and off for years (you’re supposed to change up your skin and hair regimes otherwise your body gets too accostomed to it and stops reacting properly), and I switch it up every now and then with other new products.

I foudn the Neutrogena acne stress control 3-in-1 hydrating acne treatment and wanted to try it out, especially since it was only $6, which was the same price as the cream cleanser that I loved from them.

I’ve tried their three step acne fighting system and didn’t really care for it all that much, but this seemed right up my alley, since stress really seems to be the culprit behind my breakouts. Stress on my skin AND on my mind! I would cleanse my skin pretty thoroughly with a basic soap or facial wash (not acne treatment ...

• Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-In-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment
      washes, because you shouldn’t use more than one kind of product like that at a time), and then I would apply this gel-like substance (a cross between a lotion and a gel) in the morning and at night.

I don’t have HIGHLY sensitive skin, so I knew it was safe to start off using it twice a day, verses once a day. It felt very light going on the skin, and not at all what I expected, because I’ve tried some of their moisturizing lotions before, and they were way too heavy.

This one felt just right, and I could feel it drying up the oily, but my skin still felt very soft to the touch. Unfortunately,

my skin would get oily again just within an hour or two after using this, which is a perpetual problem I face when using ANY skin care product, but as long as it treated the blemishes and prevented further breakouts then I would be happy.

And ultimately, that’s what it did. I used it for more than a month straight, and found that the breakouts, though they still occured, were FAR less severe and didn’t last but a couple days in comparison to lasting a week or more in the past.

Product felt good on the skin and worked well enough, though I doubt it would be as effective if the blemishes were full blown acne problems. Still, good product for the price.

Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-In-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342501965070431/k2311a0125/1.25.10