Delta Airlines  » Airlines  »
0.5
  • Delta Airlines is responsible for the worst flight experience I ever had
  • Aside from suffering through an hour delay, the plane’s interior was gloomy and depressing, and the seats were so cramped I found it hard to move

• by Annie Hutch

Delta Airlines is responsible for the worst flight experience I ever had. I travel frequently from state to state, and have experienced many airlines, so I have a large base with which to compare.

As an example, one four-hour flight I took from San Francisco to Atlanta was unbearably uncomfortable and not at all entertaining.

Aside from suffering through an hour delay, the plane’s interior was gloomy and depressing, and the seats were so cramped I found it hard to move.

I might add here that I am a small person. The seats lacked adequate cushioning, were old and worn, and some of the arm rests were broken.

The flight attendants were not friendly at all and appeared very stressed. They kept pushing for people to hurry getting seated, which in itself is a necessity, but was handled in a totally unprofessional manner.

The flight itself was a frightening experience, to say the least. When we were up in the air, there ...

• were cracking sounds as if the plane was going to break into pieces, probably because it was so old and should have been retired years ago. It made me think that I wasn’t going to make it to my destination alive.

When the snacks were distributed, the attendants were literally throwing the packs of assorted crackers and nuts on our trays. It seemed as though they couldn’t wait to finish the whole task and go back to their seats.

On top of

all this, when I arrived at my destination, my luggage was lost! Dealing with Delta on that matter is a subject for discussion by itself, but believe me when I say it was most unpleasant and consumed entirely too much of my time.

I find it hard to believe that in a country where air travel is the preferred method of transportation, such abyssmal airline service exists. I never understood why travelers complained so much about airline travel until I experienced flying with Delta.

Delta Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402501964970431/k2311a0125/1.25.10