Tarte 4 Day Stay Lash Stain mascara
2.0
  • I love that it’s absolutely waterproof too
  • I think it’s great for a day at the beach or by the pool but still, what’s the purpose of having a mascara that last four days

• by Liberty

I’ve heard of Tarte as a cosmetic brand many times while watching my favorite makeup gurus on Youtube, but I’ve never tried any of their products until recently. I’ve heard of how great their products are so I was very eager to try out their mascara when I got the chance. For my birthday I received a gift set that came with many mascaras, one of which was Tarte Four Day Stay lash stain. I was excited to see how well this product would work and it would live up to it’s name. So the following are my pros and cons for Tarte Four Day Stay

Lash stain.

I’ll start off with the pros to this Tarte mascara first. What I liked about this mascara was that it contained mineral pigments that protected my lashes from UVA and UVB rays. It also didn’t contain stuff like sulfates, synthetic dyes or fragrances, petro-chemicals or phthalates. I love that it’s absolutely waterproof too. Tarte 4 Day Stay Lash Stain really does live up to it’s name because this mascara doesn’t smudge, smear or flake, not even a little bit. It definitely lasts four days too. I also liked that brush because it was slender, tapered and curved out at the tips which makes it very ...

• easy for me to apply mascara to each lash and the outer corners with little to no mess. For all that it does it’s fairly affordable too, costing just $18 a tube.

There were some things that I didn’t like about Tarte 4 Day Stay Lash Stain too. I didn’t like the consistency to the product at all. It was very thin and watery, and took a while to fully dry. It’s also incredibly hard to wash off, even with a good eye makeup remover. To get this mascara off you’d have to use a really good oil-based makeup remover. I don’t have that at hand

because I don’t like oil-based makeup remover. In terms of lengthening and volumizing, this Tarte mascara did nothing for me. It’s not the least bit buildable either. In fact it gets very clumpy if you try.

All in all, I’m not a fan of Tarte 4 Day Stay Lash Stain. I think it’s great for a day at the beach or by the pool but still, what’s the purpose of having a mascara that last four days? It does none of the main things I look for in a good mascara and it’s incredibly hard to wash off. I would not be purchasing this mascara in the full version.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312501964930231/k2311a0125/1.25.10