Laura Mercier thickening and building mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like the brush to this Laura Mercier mascara because it was a good size, not too thin or too bushy, and was packed with loads of bristles to coat each of my lashes
  • My first problem with this mascara was that it wasn’t waterproof, and I couldn’t find a waterproof version either

• by Liberty

I’ve heard a lot about Laura Mercier cosmetic brand from my favorite makeup gurus on Youtube, but I’ve never actually tried any of her products until recently. I’ve heard loads of positive things but I’ve also heard of how pricey the products are. I was lucky in that for my birthday I was given a gift set of sampler mascaras, and among the samples that came in my box was Laura Mercier’s thickening and building mascara. The following are my pros and cons for this Laura Mercier mascara.

I’ll start off with the pros to this

Laura Mercier product first. What I liked about this mascara was that it contained vitamins A, E and C, and it’s fairly affordable for the quality at just $20 a tube. I like the brush to this Laura Mercier mascara because it was a good size, not too thin or too bushy, and was packed with loads of bristles to coat each of my lashes. I liked that it was slender enough at the tip for me to apply mascara to the very outer corners of my eyes without making a huge mess. It did ...

• a great job of separating and defining my lashes too. I really loved that Laura Mercier’s mascara lengthened and thickened my lashes, creating very full, almost false looking lashes. I also liked that this mascara is buildable, and it didn’t smudge, smeared or flaked on me. The flaking is a big concern of mine as a contact lens wearer. Laura Mercier’s mascara last all day too, and it kept my lashes curled.

As much as I liked this mascara, it wasn’t without faults. There were a few cons to Laura Mercier’s mascara. My first problem

with this mascara was that it wasn’t waterproof, and I couldn’t find a waterproof version either. The last thing was that it clumps, and gets clumpier with more application, which can really weigh down the eyelashes and make them look messy.

Overall though, I really liked Laura Mercier’s mascara despite it’s flaws. It’s not perfect but it’s pretty darn close to perfect. Would I buy this mascara in the full size? Probably not. Like I said, it’s not perfect and for $20 a tube I expect it to be so. I’ve had better for less.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312501964910231/k2311a0125/1.25.10