Philibs Water Kettle Model No. 9802
0.5
  • I thought in the beginning that this was a Philips machine but it is not
  • I found its cord too short for starters which makes it difficult to move it a bit further away from the wall
  • The base is not a problem and the jug itself has a big capacity of up to a 1.7 liters of water

• by bethbarl

The brand alone is enough to make me laugh. I thought in the beginning that this was a Philips machine but it is not. I got this as a replacement by the security agency manning the offices of my husband. He brought his personal water kettle in the office in order to have the flexibility of making tea whenever he needs it. One thing he likes to do is to take cups and cups of whatever kind of tea. Waiting in line to boil water with the rest of his colleagues was not in his vocabulary. He preferred to be independent and comfortable in his own office.

However, on a weekend the office was robbed despite the presence of security guards. Although personal property is not covered by the office insurance, our water kettle

was replaced as a token of goodwill. It might as well that we do not have a replacement as this water kettle is a big joke.

I found its cord too short for starters which makes it difficult to move it a bit further away from the wall. It is just enough to connect it to an electricity supply. The base is not a problem and the jug itself has a big capacity of up to a 1.7 liters of water.

As it is a cordless kettle, it is very easy to bring the jug from the kitchen or to anywhere I want to pour hot water. This made it easy for me to use the jug without having to carry the base. Filling it with water was also not difficult as the spout can be ...

• opened at a really wide angle by just pressing the handle. Boiling water is also quick and although it uses about 2000 watts of power per operation, the boiling time is rather short so this is not really a problem.

What is the most disappointing part is the taste of water once it is boiled. It tasted and smelled so bad, I would not even take a sip. Well, I did just to confirm what my husband noticed. The water tasted of iron and chlorine. Even when there is no water inside anymore I can still smell the bad odor which has everything to do with the machine. Looking further, the heating rods inside are of a strange green, brown and black color. Honestly, I did not think drinking water made from this kettle would

be safe at all.

I’ve had other water kettles before but this one is the worst. I normally do not pay attention to the quality of water being boiled as they all tasted fine and normal. This water kettle produced a different result you would not fail to notice it.

I caution everyone out there not to buy this brand for anything. It is meant to deceive the consumer and is a poor imitation of the real thing. Read carefully when you see the brand. It is a horrible machine which produces horrible tasting water. I would not take this machine even if it was given for free. However, I have it and I do not know what to do with it. I will perhaps throw it away or give it to someone else with the proper warnings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162501964650231/k2311a0125/1.25.10