Atlanta Bread Company  » General, Shopping  »
312 South Gloster Street, Tupelo, MS 38801
  • It was good, but the icing had a different flavor than what you would normally taste on a cinnamon roll, but I really enjoyed it
  • I visit Tupelo, Mississippi at least twice a year, so I still get a chance to enjoy the food and experience the same friendly service

• by Annie Hutch

I’m a sucker for fresh baked bread and pastries. When a friend told me that Atlanta Bread Company was coming to Memphis, TN, I was so excited because I had heard so many good things about their food. It’s located in a plush area of town at the corner of Poplar and Perkins. The interior is beautiful with large live greenery everywhere. The service is top notch and everyone is friendly.

The food is also relatively inexpensive.

They have an assortment of breads and pastries among other things, such as soup and breakfast. On my first visit, I ordered two loaves of bread. The crust on the bread was extremely hard. I asked why the crust was so hard. The woman at the counter said she didn’t know, but suggested that I sprinkle a little water on it, and put it in ...

• the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up a bit. I tried that, but it only made the crust even harder and inedible.

On my next visit, I tried their vegetable soup bread bowl. It was delicious. The bread was perfect and if I was eating it at a friends house, I would swear it was home made. For desert, I had a cinnamon roll. It was good, but the

icing had a different flavor than what you would normally taste on a cinnamon roll, but I really enjoyed it. I’ve tried other dishes there, and the only thing I didn’t like was the loaves of bread.

Because of the poor economy, both the Poplar and Germantown stores are closed. I visit Tupelo, Mississippi at least twice a year, so I still get a chance to enjoy the food and experience the same friendly service.

Atlanta Bread Company

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12501964350131/k2311a0125/1.25.10