Kris Aquinos’ The Greatest Love Album  » Music  »
  • I was actually surprised when she first told me over phone that she would give me this Kris’ album because I know this girl could not sing
  • Well I have soft spots for the former president so I thought I should really have this album
  • I believe this album truly deserves the Platinum

• by ladyli

Kris Aquinos’ The Greatest Love Album was given to me by a friend. I was actually surprised when she first told me over phone that she would give me this Kris’ album because I know this girl could not sing. She maybe a very good host and indeed an eloquent woman but I never heard her sing so I was really curious how she was able to come up with a song album. But my friend explained that I could not hear Kris Aquino singing here but rather the various well known and real good singers whose songs are compiled in one album.

The album is dedicated to her late mother Corazon Aquino. Well I have soft spots for the former president so I thought I should really have this album. As

I listened to the CD I was impressed.

I should say that this is really a star-studded album. What with singing divas like Regine Velasquez and Lani Misalucha singing When You Believe. This performance is worth a standing ovation.

Indeed these two ladies are one of the finest this world ever had. Their version of this popular song can match that of the more popular Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. Also worth mentioning are: that ever enchanting voice of Gary V singing She’s Lovely, the heartfelt rendition of Martin Nievera of The Greatest Love, the very touching performance of Ugoy sa Duyan by the ever charming Ogie Alcasid to name a few.

Some other artists are Billy Crawford, Sam Concepcion, Kris Lawrence, Mccoy Fundales, Ronnie Liang, Jed Madela,

• JayR, Mark Bautista and Piolo Pascual. Well Mark Bautista’s well polished voice in Because You Loved Me convinced me he deserved to be in this album and even the handsome Piolo Pascual is a revelation in his song No Matter What. I am not really fond of watching channel 2 so I have not really been viewing Piolo’s performances whether drama or musical but I would say this artist can sing and he sings really well.

And well Jay-R’s A Song for Mama brought me to Tears. It is very penetrating. All other performances are good.

Even that of Sam Concepcion who is not even really known to me is good. It is a bit bouncy and her rendition is just very light but the lyrics are so meaningful. The most

significant song to me to me is the song of Joe Marie Chan which is actually Ninoy Aquino’s poem for his ladylove Cory Aquino.

I find it really moving. It is speaking to my heart and I so loved the lyrics that came from a great man such as Ninoy, Also the touching messages of Kris Aquino would worth every one’s listen. This woman is really capable to bringing out her heart and she’s very effective.

I believe this album truly deserves the Platinum. I have been listening to this over and over and I never really get tired of it. I believe every Filipino should have a copy of this album not only because the performances are really great but more because it is a tribute to the noble Cory Aquino.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142201964160131/k2311a0122/1.22.10