Walmart Great Value - Cinnamon French Toast Sticks  » Food  »
  • The cinnamon aroma is quite rich and pleasant, and it definitely adds to my satisfaction as I enjoy the French Toast
  • If you love French Toast and cinnamon as well, I most definitely recommend that you give these French Toast sticks a try
  • The Great Value brand from Walmart is, in my opinion, every bit as good as the national brands - at least in this instance - and the money you will be saving will only widen the smile on your face upon trying these delectable cinnamon French Toast sticks

• by GenesisOne

There are a couple of companies that sell frozen cinnamon French Toast sticks, like Farm Rich and Aunt Jemima, but with those companies, I am paying for the name as well as the advertising and design that went into promoting the French Toast. With Walmart’s Great Value brand, I pay for basically the French Toast and that is it, resulting in a purchase that is twenty to thirty percent cheaper depending on the national brands.

The savings cannot be beat unless there is a good sale or coupon that can be used, but

that aside, the savings are extra sweet due to the cinnamon French Toast sticks tasting excellent.

Just removing a few sticks from the bag results in an appetizing cinnamon aroma that only intensifies as the sticks cook in the over.

The cinnamon aroma is quite rich and pleasant, and it definitely adds to my satisfaction as I enjoy the French Toast.

In terms of taste, the cinnamon again makes its presence known quite prevalently, even after I add the powder sugar and syrup.

The result is a breakfast or snack treat that is ...

• very enjoyable in flavor! I was also pleased with the crispiness of the French Toast sticks.

Of course, I leave the sticks in the oven for a couple extra minutes than the directions instruct, but I find this added cooking time helps to make the sticks a little crunchier than if I had gone by the directions.

I really dislike soft French Toast sticks, so even if I do overcook the sticks a little, I am perfectly okay with that.

There is no powdered sugar or syrup included, so you will have to

have your own.

I would have preferred that at least syrup have been included, but for a little over two dollars for twenty sticks, I really cannot complain! If you love French Toast and cinnamon as well, I most definitely recommend that you give these French Toast sticks a try! The Great Value brand from Walmart is, in my opinion, every bit as good as the national brands - at least in this instance - and the money you will be saving will only widen the smile on your face upon trying these delectable cinnamon French Toast sticks!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272201964150131/k2311a0122/1.22.10