Frigidaire Gas Kitchen Range FGFL87GSG  » Housewares  »
  • Despite a higher price tag, gas definitely has a huge advantage over their elctric cousins, far outweighing the few cons
  • The main thing I love about our gas stove is the convenience
  • Unfortunately, there are several disadvantages to gas ranges
  • First, they typically cost about twice as much as an electric range and harder to clean (white is much easier to clean the black)
  • I don't know if this is a common problem, but the control panel went out and had to be completely replaced

• by Jordan Green

When we received our brand-new Frigidaire gas kitchen range last year I was excited to have a gas oven. Despite a higher price tag, gas definitely has a huge advantage over their elctric cousins, far outweighing the few cons. Our Frigidaire range is WAY better than the electric ranges I’ve used all my life.

The main thing I love about our gas stove is the convenience. When

you light the burners on a gas stove, it immediately begins to heat the frying pan or pot. I’m past the days of waiting five minutes for my pan to begin heating, plus another 10 minutes for a scrambled egg to cook. 5 minutes of convenience may seem like a small thing, but multiply that 5 minutes twice a day, 7 days a week and it’s a godsend to ...

• my busy life.

Unfortunately, there are several disadvantages to gas ranges. First, they typically cost about twice as much as an electric range and harder to clean (white is much easier to clean the black).

Also, it is sometimes difficult to get the burners to light. They need to be cleaned on a monthly basis or the burners will take up to a minute to light. That can be very

aggravating.

I’ve had one other problem with out Frigidaire Gas Kitchen Range FGFL87GSG. I don’t know if this is a common problem, but the control panel went out and had to be completely replaced. Fortunately, our warranty was still in effect and the repair was free, and only took a few days.

Despite these problems, I’m so pleased to upgrade to a gas range, I give this product an easy 9. Enjoy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532201963780131/k2311a0122/1.22.10