Cuisinart Convection Over Toaster Broiler  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • I decided to purchase the Cuisinart convection oven toaster broiler for two reasons
  • I would not recommend this product, but if you do take a chance on it I highly suggest you register for the warranty

• by C.Channing

I’m a fan of the Cuisinart products and my kitchen is a mixture of KitchenAid and Cuisinart products. I decided to purchase the Cuisinart convection oven toaster broiler for two reasons: I wanted to limit use of my kitchen oven if I’m not making a huge meal, and I had previously purchased products from Cuisinart that I have loved and thought this purchase would be just as great as my other Cuisinart items. I’m sad to say that I was wrong.

I’ve had my Cuisinart convection oven toaster broiler for a month now and I’m not happy with it at all. The oven and broiler aspects of it work just

fine, but it’s the toaster that’s giving me the grief. It doesn’t matter what level (heat wise) I put it on, it always manages to burn my breakfast–especially my toast. I went back over the directions to see if I misread something, but I didn’t and I have come to the conclusion that my toaster is busted.

For example, I wanted some toast for breakfast and I put it on level one for about ten minutes. I left the toast in for ten minutes because the toaster was on the lowest level and it would have taken longer for my bread to toast. I was in the kitchen watching my ...

• bread just in case something happened; less than five minutes my bread had begun to darken–it completely skipped over the browning stage and went straight for the pitch black effect. It also managed to burn my waffles, French toast sticks, and toaster strudels.

Even though the convection over toaster broiler had come with a warranty, I was so put off my the fact that it was burning a hole into my purse that I decided not to even bother. I threw it out last week and decided to purchase a regular toaster instead. My oven comes with the broiler function, and whenever I need to cook something in the oven–big

or small–I would just suck it up and do so. The aggravation I had to go through with the Cuisinart convection oven toaster broiler was enough to make me say no thanks to repurchasing one that works or any other similar products.

Overall, I completely disliked the Cuisinart convection oven toaster broiler: it burned my breakfast and only two out of three parts of it worked. The worst part is the money I spent on the convection toaster broiler could have gone to a fifteen dollar toaster. I would not recommend this product, but if you do take a chance on it I highly suggest you register for the warranty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532201963641231/k2311a0122/1.22.10