Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer with Effects  » Electronics  »
  • I found the EQ to be sub par, but I assume thats where they decided to cut corners (being that its such a low price)
  • I was very exited about this when I heard, but I was sadly disappointed
  • I love reverb as much as anyone, but I would like some more variety
  • I suggest the behringer 1832 fx (which I will write a review on in the near future)

• by Connor

I ordered the behringer 1202fx to use in my room. I wanted to be able to hook up my computer, cd player etc. to one board and play them all through a single set of speakers. I was impressed with this board’s price. I found it online for $100. It’s a great deal! The board has 4 mic inputs and 4 stereo inputs (they claim to have

12 inputs, but thats only if you count each stereo input as 2). Each mic channel has 3 channels of EQ. I found the EQ to be sub par, but I assume thats where they decided to cut corners (being that its such a low price).

The board also comes with a built in effects processor! I was very exited about this when I heard, but I was sadly disappointed. There are indeed 99 different effects, but they are all extremely similar. Plus the last 20 are just combinations of previous effects and in the previous effects, more than half are different reverbs. I love reverb as much as anyone, but I would like some more variety! Although there isn’t much variety, the quality of the effects is average, which is impressive for ...

• Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer with Effects
      such a cheap mixer.

If you are going to use this as I did, for music (computer etc.) its perfect! For my needs I really couldn’t have asked for anything better. It was cheap and fairly good quality. Everything on it works the way they say it does. If you are planning to use this in a studio, you may want to reconsider. Unless you are on

a very tight budget, you will want something more capable. I suggest the behringer 1832 fx (which I will write a review on in the near future). But the 1202 fx is great if you’re just looking for a simple, cheap, and easy way to mix a couple of inputs together. Worked great for me and for the price it was everything and more than I could have hoped for!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162201963551231/k2311a0122/1.22.10