Doctor Who season 1 Episode 1 Rose
  • I have heard quite a lot about this show so I decided to watch it when they finally started showing it on our public television
  • Anyway, I was a bit disappointed by the first episode because it was much less than I expected although I didn’t have great expectations

• by lorelai

I have heard quite a lot about this show so I decided to watch it when they finally started showing it on our public television. I knew it was a science fiction show but III didn’t know what to expect actually.

This episode is located in London, where a rather normal girl called Rose works and lives.

She gets attacked by store dummies and she gets saved by a strange men.

She learns that

the man is a doctor but knows nothing more about him.

In the end he offers her to travel with him.

He travels in a ship that looks like a phone box from 1800’s but from inside it is much bigger than from outside.

What I didn’t like about this episode was the case they were trying to solve.

The dummies were guided by some kind a plastic creature which wanted to destroy The ...

• Doctor.

At a certain point the plastic clones Rose’s boyfriend and she doesn’t even realise it isn’t him, although he is made of plastic and shines as if he was made of plastic.

I mean, that’s like very unlikely.

If she is blind already I guess she should have realised the difference between flash plus skin and plastic.

Another thing that I didn’t like about this episode was the relationship between Rose and her

boyfriend.

I understand that he proved to be a coward, but even before, the way they were showing affection was really strange and the acting was really plastic and bad, the kisses seemed to be the kisses between two kids, and Rose is supposed to be 19 years old, although she looks older than that.

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed by the first episode because it was much less than I expected although I didn’t have great expectations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102101962720831/k2311a0121/1.21.10