Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls: Bacon, eggs, cheese, and potatoes
  • I think I stood there watching it cook the entire time
  • Mine only cost three dollars and some change

• by C.Channing

When I used to be a server for this family/breakfast restaurant, I would always order scrambles at the end of my shifts. My favorite one was the ham, eggs, and cheese. I would be presented with a metal skillet that was covered in potato squares, a couple of scrambled eggs, and a generous amount of eggs. With my busy schedule, it hard for to get out to a breakfast diner and enjoy my skillet order; but on one of my many trips to super Wal-Mart, I discovered the Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls.

I am a colossal lover

of eggs and ham, so when I saw that box of ham, eggs, and potatoes starring at me through the freezer door I had no choice but to grab a couple of boxes. Instead of eating a regular lunch, I opted to try one of my breakfast bowls, even though lunch is not the reason I purchased them. I took the plastic covering off of the bowl and popped it in the microwave for three to five minutes. I think I stood there watching it cook the entire time. When the timer went off and I ...

• pulled the bowl out of the microwave, it was a mountain of breakfast deliciousness.

I liked that it was one of those layered bowls where you have to mix everything up. It was already mixed for and all I had to was dig in. The first bite was crazy: I had some of everything on my spoon with a generous amount of cheese. The potatoes tasted as if they just came off the stove; the eggs were scrambled to how I like them, dry; and the bits of ham just added it’s goodness to the mix. I

was glad that the ham wasn’t salty because ham is naturally salty, but I didn’t get that flavor, but it was still good nonetheless.

I liked the Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl because it was so filling: it had everything you could buy off of a diner’s menu. The bowl itself is huge and is probably equivalent to that of a breakfast skillet you could order at a restaurant for six dollars and some change. Mine only cost three dollars and some change. It’s a good buy for someone who is not a fan of cooking, but likes to eat breakfast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272101962380831/k2311a0121/1.21.10