Murphy and David Corned Beef Brisket
  • I read the directions and noticed there were two sets
  • I found it strange that I was doing all the cooking and prep work
  • The thing I like best about the Murphy and David corned beef brisket is that it retains that velvet color

• by C.Channing

When it’s raining outside, there is nothing better than a good pot of stew. It was raining cats and dogs last time I had visited my mother and she had taken out my favorite brisket in the world: Murphy and David corned beef brisket. There is something about that particular brisket that sings like a siren to me.

There are two types of Murphy and David corned beef brisket, at least from what I’ve come across in stores, and my mom was kind enough to get the big, flat cut which was about twenty dollars and some change. When I saw it sitting out to thaw on the deep freezer, I already knew it was stew time. She pulled

out her crock pot while she had me doing the prepping process–some parents. I read the directions and noticed there were two sets; I followed the eight hour directions because the three hours was for baking. I cut open the package to find a green coupon, which was no good because it was ruined my the blood that had somehow seeped through the plastic. It came with the usual seasoning and I was glad because seasoning is not my forte.

The crock pot was big enough to where I didn’t have to butcher up the brisket in order to make it fit. I dropped in the seasoning, added water and some vegetables and put the lid on it to ...

• cook. I found it strange that I was doing all the cooking and prep work. Throughout the cooking process, you could smell the aroma of the seasoning and the vegetables coming together; it was even better when the food was done.

The thing I like best about the Murphy and David corned beef brisket is that it retains that velvet color. Other briskets change color when it cooks, but this one keep that beautiful red color which looks great when plating. I like how there in only fat on the top of the brisket, allowing the flavor and the juices to build up in the meat. Even though I like the fat on the top and the flavor it

produces, I usually find myself cutting bits of it off because I don’t think it’s healthy to consume that much fat on meat. I love how easy it is to pull apart; it almost has that flakiness going on that you find in a well baked pastry. It’s also easy to cut: a dull butter knife could make a clean incision without damaging the meat.

I like Murphy and David corned beef brisket because it is well, cut piece of meat. It’s easy to cook and it comes with seasoning for those who can’t season meat properly. The flavors that fills your mouth is worth the twenty dollars and some change you’ll be paying: there is no substitute for a great brisket.

Roy Mitchell says :

the seasoning I need to know what spices are. my girlfriend could NOT eat it because she is allergic to spicy peppers..I love it and ate it all week for lunch

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272101962340831/k2311a0121/1.21.10