Hunt’s Snack Pack: Banana Pudding
  • There were four puddings altogether which meant I was paying twenty-five cents a piece--not a bad deal in my opinion
  • I decided to eat the pudding hot because I noticed with the Hunt's pudding that they are smoother when they are hot

• by C.Channing

I’m not really a pudding person unless it’s a flavor I absolutely can’t resist: I can’t resist banana pudding.

I didn’t really find the Hunt’s Snack banana pudding until I was looking for some Jell-o which Wal-Mart stocks right next to each other. I didn’t even notice it was banana pudding until I saw the dollar price tag. I had never had the Hunt’s banana pudding, so I figured I would give it a try. There were four puddings altogether which meant I

was paying twenty-five cents a piece–not a bad deal in my opinion.

I decided to eat the pudding hot because I noticed with the Hunt’s pudding that they are smoother when they are hot. I ripped off the seal and dug in. It was good; it reminded me of homemade banana pudding. The flavor was on point: the creaminess of the pudding and the banana flavor resonates from the first bite to the last. I’m really not a pudding person, but I really ...

• like the banana pudding.

It was so good that I’ve started using it as a short cut to make homemade pudding. Originally, when I first started doing it I didn’t realize that there was a recipe by Hunt’s for banana pudding using their pudding, but I still continue to use it. If I’m cooking a larger dinner and need a quick dessert, Irun out and purchase fresh bananas and some vanilla wafers. I’ll layer it with the Hunt’s banana pudding, the bananas, and

the wafers, and sit it in the refrigerator until serving time. By dessert time, no one is the wiser and they think I made the banana pudding from scratch. A win-win situation, if I do say so myself.

Overall the Hunt’s Snack Pack Banana Pudding is one worth trying. If you’re like me and not really into puddings, I would encourage that you give this one a try. It hits the mark on color and flavor and you can concoct your own “homemade” banana pudding.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272101962320831/k2311a0121/1.21.10