Kansas City Chedar, Vidalia Onion Steak Burgers
0.5
  • The only problem was this one was just as awful, except even more gross
  • So I definitely would recommend avoiding their burgers

• by Deanne

We ordered these Vidalia onion, cheddar steak burgers as a special add on to a pre - Christmas steak order we place for my father. When you order from Kansas City’s website they offer you all kinds of add-on specials for your order and this was one of them.

When we received them on Christmas Eve, he made all four of us a burger for dinner, he was very excited as he had always wanted to try

them.

(Seeing them on television they look so good) That is why it was so disappointing to have had him use the indoor grill and cook them with the supplied seasoning and according to the corresponding cooking instructions, in their “gourmet guide” they supply with every order; just to have them turn out like tough rubber, they were so hard to chew it was like they were made of leather.

Then we got the big surprise about ...

• half way through my “gourmet delight”; I got a rather large chunk of bone.

(More bone than I have ever found in a low grade, bargain priced, frozen, grocery store burger special) Oh and by the way it didn’t have any flavor not the slightest hint of onion or cheddar.

So we of course called to see about sending them back.

To our surprise they sent a new package.

This made them seem like a reputable company to

me.

The only problem was this one was just as awful, except even more gross.

This time my father had a rather long vein he pulled out of his burger, after just a few bites.

This was enough to make me permanently lose my “taste” for these so called “gourmet burgers”.

I don’t know if these add-ons are supposed to be lower quality, but they don’t say that anywhere.

So I definitely would recommend avoiding their burgers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272101962000731/k2311a0121/1.21.10