Swanson Beef Broth
2.0
  • If you come across this brand on your store shelf, I would recommend looking at a different product rather than purchasing it

• by Review Vigilante

My wife made a beef stew the other night and, to add some flavor to it, she wanted to use some pre-made beef broth and ran to the store to buy a couple cans of it. Since she ran to Walgreens rather than the grocery store, she only had one brand to choose from;

Swanson.

I wish she would have gotten a different brand.

I’m not sure why I don’t like most Swanson products like this.

But, in this case, the broth really was terrible.

There was absolutely no flavor to it and she might as well have been adding water to the stew.

We even tried to ...

• add various spices but it was as though the broth absorbed them into some sort of black hole and prevented their flavor from escaping.

It was one of the worst stews we have ever made and I truly believe it was because of this broth.

I can honestly say this will be the last

time I buy this particular brand of broth; beef and any other variety they offer.

I would rather spend more money on some other brand than this one.

If you come across this brand on your store shelf, I would recommend looking at a different product rather than purchasing it.

You’ll thank me later when it comes to that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272001961590831/k2311a0120/1.20.10