Pepsi Throwback  » Food  »
2.5
  • I’m not sure why I didn’t like the Mountain Dew (it just left such a bad taste in my mouth and I couldn't even get through a can of it) but that throwback attempt definitely works for the Pepsi
  • And, because of that, I would recommend giving it a try

• by Review Vigilante

Pepsi recently came out with a new Throw Back variety for both Pepsi and Mountain Dew. The drinks are made the way they used to be; with real sugar.

I had the Mountain Dew version of the drink several weeks ago and was left unimpressed with it.

But, since my wife decided to try

the Pepsi Throwback, I figured I would give that one a try.

I’m not sure why I didn’t like the Mountain Dew (it just left such a bad taste in my mouth and I couldn’t even get through a can of it) but that throwback attempt definitely works for the Pepsi.

I’m actually not ...

• a huge Pepsi fan.

I’ll drink it if there’s nothing else available but it’s not my first choice when it comes to beverages.

Compared to the Pepsi I normally would buy at the store, this Pepsi Throwback is definitely much better.

The real sugar improves the flavor and leaves less of a syrupy taste

in my mouth.

It’s actually refreshing rather than too thick or heavy.

I’m not sure I would drink this on a regular basis but I did enjoy it.

And, because of that, I would recommend giving it a try.

It’s just too bad this is only something they are offering for a limited time and it will eventually go away.

Pepsi Throwback

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272001961580831/k2311a0120/1.20.10