Short Circuit movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • You know what, when this movie first came out, I thought it was pretty good
  • Look, I like the concept of a robot getting struck by lightning and thinking he is suddenly alive because he can think for himself and having to hide out because the government wants to find him and destroy him
  • The biggest problem is this robot can’t keep his mouth shut

• by Review Vigilante

Well, that was an old movie I haven’t seen in a while; Short Circuit. You know what, when this movie first came out, I thought it was pretty good.

Now I have to think it is more annoying than anything.

Look, I like the concept of a robot getting struck by lightning and thinking

he is suddenly alive because he can think for himself and having to hide out because the government wants to find him and destroy him.

In fact, that plot would be pretty good in most situations and could fit everything from a comedy like this movie to an action film or even a drama ...

• or love story.

The biggest problem is this robot can’t keep his mouth shut.

The one-liners he spits out were funny in the 80s, when I was too young to know better.

Now they are something that made me want to turn this movie off after a few minutes.

Lines like no disassemble or

Johnny 5 is alive can only be heard so many times before they give you a headache.

If you haven’t seen the movie before, you probably should watch it at least once and judge for yourself.

But, after seeing it again, I can honestly say this is a movie I won’t go out of my way to watch ever again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112001961550831/k2311a0120/1.20.10