Buckhorn Supper Club  » Restaurants  »
N8802 County Road A, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
  • My wife and I decided to go out to dinner for the first time in a long while (at least without the kids) this past weekend
  • I have had plenty of people recommend the restaurant to us
  • But, that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy my experience there
  • But, the next time we have a special occasion, I think this will be the restaurant I will go to

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I decided to go out to dinner for the first time in a long while (at least without the kids) this past weekend. Since we were both getting a bit burned out on the restaurants here in town, we decided to try some place different. That place ended up being the Buckhorn Supper Club on County Road A between Beaver Dam and Fox Lake. This was our first time going to the Buckhorn Supper Club.

I have had plenty of people recommend the restaurant to us; both family members and co-workers. But, I’m not a person who likes to drive very far, especially at night, just to go out to eat (that’s why I don’t drive to Madison very often) so I have avoided going there. Since we figured it was a somewhat special

occasion this past weekend, I decided to do it anyway.

The restaurant really was a bit out of the way for us and, as a result, you likely won’t see me eating there on a regular basis (especially in the winter, when the country roads like that can get pretty nasty without warning). But, that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy my experience there. First of all, the restaurant was beautiful.

I have been to plenty of so-called supper clubs in the past that weren’t any more than a bar and grill. This one lived up to the name. It didn’t look overly expensive but it looked much nicer than expected.

The staff at the restaurant were also very friendly; at least compared to plenty of places we have dined at in the past. I don’t think there ...

• was a single employee there that didn’t have a smile on their face (an indication the restaurant takes care of its employees). Service was prompt.

We didn’t have to wait forever for our food, our refills or our bill. The food there was fantastic too. We ordered steaks; something that is sometimes a bit tricky depending on where we are dining because some places make them differently than others.

They made the steaks just the way we like them. Even the side dishes (something I usually just feel is a pain that I have to live with in exchange for eating dinner) were great. And, there was a good quantity of food too.

We ended up taking home a good chunk of it for later because we couldn’t finish. When it came to price, the Buckhorn Supper

Club was more expensive than the restaurants we would normally eat at. However, when we went there, I was expecting the food to be more expensive than it ended up being.

In fact, while it was more than we would normally spend, I would say it was more than reasonable considering the remote location is something that normally would require them charging more money than restaurants that simply get more business. Like I said before, this restaurant is too much of a drive for me to eat there on a regular basis. But, the next time we have a special occasion, I think this will be the restaurant I will go to.

The food and the reasonable prices for the good food make it well worth spending the gas money. If you have an opportunity to dine here, I would recommend giving it a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72001961470831/k2311a0120/1.20.10