Avon Clearskin Clay Mask  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • The thing I love about Avon is looking through their catalog rather than having a pushy salesperson try to sell me on something I don't want or need
  • I learned about facial masks through a friend of mine
  • I saw that Avon offered a mask, so I decided to try it
  • Now, one thing I noticed was that this mask didn't develop little holes in it like other masks I had tried
  • I would not recommend spending the money on it, it just might leave your face looking worse than it did before

• by mariekay

Avon is one of my favorite cosmetic brands. They offer high quality products at reasonable prices. I have tried similar brands, like Mary Kay, but I am always turned off by the representative because they are so pushy. The thing I love about Avon is looking through their catalog rather than having a pushy salesperson try to sell me on something I don’t want or need.

I have tried numerous products on my face, especially when I was younger and suffered from acne. I learned about facial masks through a friend of mine. We were at her house and she had one on, saying it was supposed to suck all the dirt and oil and other gross stuff out of your face. I was pretty fascinated

by the whole concept so I began incorporating facial masks into my skin care routine.

I saw that Avon offered a mask, so I decided to try it. It costed about $5 for a medium sized tube, so it wasn’t too expensive. I washed my face first, then applied the mask. It goes on almost like a cream, but then hardens on your face. Now, one thing I noticed was that this mask didn’t develop little holes in it like other masks I had tried. I’m not sure if that means they are working, but when I see those little holes over my pores, there is a level of reassurance that the product is sucking gunk out of my face. This mask never did that, it ...

• just kind of sat on top of my skin.

I also noticed that the mask had alcohol and lots of chemicals in it. While it was on my face I felt a slight burning sensation that I wasn’t real fond of.

After the time was up and it was time to remove the mask, I noticed that it was nearly imposible to take off. You are supposed to remove it with warm water, but even with ot water, I had to scrub and scrub and it took forever. I went through about 6 washcloths just trying to get this stuff off. My face actually hurt afterward from so much scrubbing, and it was now red and inflamed. Not the look I was after.

I decided to give the

mask one more chance several days later. I figured maybe I had applied the mask too thick and that’s why it wouldn’t rinse off. This time I tried applying less of the product in a very thin layer. This helped slightly with the removal process, but the mask was still difficult to remove and my skin was once again irritated.

So, I decided to throw this one in the trash. Although Avon products are usually satisfactory, this one was not. I would not recommend spending the money on it, it just might leave your face looking worse than it did before. There are plenty of other masks out there, even other varieties from Avon, that work a lot better and do what they are supposed to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312001961330831/k2311a0120/1.20.10