Crest Vivid White Night  » Health  »
  • I recently discovered that Crest had come out with this toothpaste when I bought it by mistake
  • When I first tried it I noticed a difference right away in the flavor of the product
  • It's also one of the drawbacks of the product in my opinion, since the toothpaste leaks out of the tube, and oozes up into the lid
  • As far as the whitening claims, I think this product did about the saem thing as the original

• by mariekay

I recently discovered that Crest had come out with this toothpaste when I bought it by mistake. You see, I was used to buying the Crest Vivid White, and I didn’t even notice the slight difference in the packaging for the “night” version of this toothpaste. So, once I went to use it and saw a different color coming out of the tube, I realized my mistake.

Well, I figured I might as well keep it since I liked the regular Vivid White so well. The night version said it was to use before bed, but I used it mornng and night.

In many ways

it was very similar to the regular Vivid White. The packaging was almost identical, and the toothpaste came out of the tube in the same manner - two separate products, a white paste and a clear gritty gel - although the night version had little sparkles in it and more of a blue color in the gel.

When I first tried it I noticed a difference right away in the flavor of the product. The regular version is vrey minty, almost like a burning mint. The night version is more mild, not nearly as minty. It didn’t make my mouth feel as clean,

• maybe becasue the taste wasn’t as intense. I certainly didn’t wake up in the morning with minty fresh breath…or even go to bed with minty breath for that matter.

Crest Vivid White Night had the same flip-top lid that I was used to. It’s also one of the drawbacks of the product in my opinion, since the toothpaste leaks out of the tube, and oozes up into the lid. So when you go toopen it the next time, it’s a gloppy mess. Just like with the regular, I had to continually wipe down the lid and opening of the tube.

As far as the whitening claims,

I think this product did about the saem thing as the original. In fact, when I went to compare ingredients in the two, they were identical except for a slightly different flavor and different color. So basically the reason Crest made a “night” version of the toothpaste was so consumers would buy more. It’s the same product as the original!

Since I wasn’t a big fan of the flavor, I personally won’t buy Crest Vivd White Night again (unless I make another mistake) but I do continue to buy the original. People who like a mild flavor with just a hint of mint might like the night toothpaste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342001961310731/k2311a0120/1.20.10