Visa Prepaid Gift Cards
  • I know for weddings, often there is a registry, which seemed helpful, but sometimes it's a pain to go the the specific store, enter all the registry information, print tout the registry, then go through the store searching for something within your price range
  • Th thing I love about the gift card is that I can wrap it or put it in a gift bag, attach a card, and make it look like I actually made some sort of effort toward a gift
  • I'm not real fond of the fee they charge you, but I understand why they do, and I just consider it a convenience fee
  • I would recommend this gift for anyone looking for something easy yet thoughtful, as long as you don't mind paying the purchase fee

• by mariekay

Whenever a wedding or graduation rolls around, I am always stressed about what to give. I know for weddings, often there is a registry, which seemed helpful, but sometimes it’s a pain to go the the specific store, enter all the registry information, print tout the registry, then go through the store searching for something within your price range. Not to mention the gift you’re buying is something they kind of already know they’re getting since they registered for it. I don’t know, the whole thing never really appealed to me.

Then there is the option of giving cash. Who wouldn’t like cash right? But the dilemma is always how much to give? Plus it seems so thoughtless and impersonal.

Like, here you go, I just threw a couple 20’s in a card on my way to the wedding. Hope you love it because I didn’t feel like putting an effort in.

SO, recently I was searching for some thing for my cousin’ wedding and I came across these prepaid Visa gift cards. They caught my eye because they were on a display where I could see that each card had a different cardboard packaging around it. Some said “Happy Birthday” some said “Best Wishes” and so on. They also came in different denominations, $25, $30, $50, and $100. Hmmm, a good idea. Then the happy couple could buy what they wanted, but yet I actually made the effort to ...

• go to the store and pick something out. Sounded perfect, so I grabbed one for $50.

At the register, as I prepared to pay for the card, I removed two 20’s and a 10 from my purse. That’s when the cashier said “$54.95″ please. Wait a minute, I hadn’t purchased anything else besides the gift card. I must have looked confused because he said “There’s a $4.95 fee to buy the card”. Oh, okay…I wasn’t crazy about paying the extra 5 bucks, but I did an walked out with my gift.

some sort of effort toward a gift. Plus, you know the newlyweds will love it because they can use it to buy what they want. They can even spend it on their honeymoon or buy something online with it.

Now I get gift cards all the time. Any time I am invited to a wedding, graduation, birthday, etc. they get the gift card. So far it’s been a hit and I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback. I’m not real fond of the fee they charge you, but I understand why they do, and I just consider it a convenience fee. I would recommend this gift for anyone looking for something easy yet thoughtful, as long as you don’t mind paying the purchase fee.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 462001961290731/k2311a0120/1.20.10