Yamaha Portasound Child’s Keyboard
  • I thought that it was actually pretty heavy when I was that young

• by Fire Dancer

My mother purchased this keyboard for me for my 8th birthday. I have had it for eighteen years now. I am a music enthusiast so naturally I loved this keyboard when I received it that April morning before i left for school.

This keyboard comes with its own hard carrying case so that your child can carry it wherever he or she goes. I thought that it was actually pretty heavy when I was that

young. The keyboard has 10 different instrument voices with either an echo or nonecho effect, as well as 10 different rhythms and a duet effect and autochords on the bass keys. It is an absolute great first musical instrument for children.

It also has a headphone jack for private playing, An AC power chord jack if you do not want to buy 6 C cell batteries, and a line out jack which i used ...

• once I became more experienced with sound as I grew older.

The keys are too small for adult hands as I have found out through my years of still playing with it before I got a Midi keyboard 3 years ago, but they fit a child’s hands quite nicely.

The instrumental voices on it though, do not sound like what they are supposed to represent. For example, the piano, does not sound one bit like

a piano.

I do not think that this particular instrument is sold anymore so since I have already found out that my son, who will be a year old next month, loves sitting in my lap and playing my big midi keyboard with me, I will pass this Yamaha Portasound keyboard down to him since it still works perfectly minus the few nonessential parts that I have lost from it over the years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162001961280731/k2311a0120/1.20.10