Cargo Lash Activator mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love trying out new mascaras so I was very excited to get my hands on this sampler set
  • Flaking is a big issue for me since I’m a contact lens wearer
  • I’ve also noticed that it doesn’t clump either, which is always great
  • All in all, I thought that Cargo’s Lash Activator mascara is a good every day mascara, but not something I’d wear to get dramatic lashes

• by Liberty

For my last month my boyfriend got me a special gift from Sephora. Well, it was actually multiple gifts but the main item in my box was Sephora’s deluxe mascara samplers. I had mentioned that I really wanted it and he came through for me. I don’t wear makeup often but the few products I do use frequently are lip glosses and mascaras. I love trying out new mascaras so I was very excited to get my hands on this sampler set. In the box I got an assortment of mascaras all from different brands.

Among the brands that were in my box was Cargo. I got their Lash Activator mascara. The following are my pros and cons to this Cargo mascara.

I’ll start off with the pros to Cargo’s Lash Activator mascara first. What I liked about this Cargo mascara was that it’s not just a mascara but it’s also a primer. It does a great job at separating, defining and lifting my lashes to keep my lashes curled. It’s also fairly buildable too. I can add several coats to really get my lashes long and looking like false lashes.

• I also like the fan effect that my lashes get with Cargo’s Lash Activator mascara. What I really liked about this mascara was that it didn’t smudge, smeared, or flaked on me. Flaking is a big issue for me since I’m a contact lens wearer. I’ve also noticed that it doesn’t clump either, which is always great. Who likes a clumpy mascara.

This mascara wasn’t perfect though, there were some cons to it too. What I didn’t like about Cargo’s Lash Activator mascara was that it had one of those plastic bristle brush which is

great for separating and defining the lashes, but does absolutely nothing in terms of volumizing. It’s also very bendy and I hated it because it was harder to control the movement when it kept flexing. The price is also very steep at $35 for a tube.

All in all, I thought that Cargo’s Lash Activator mascara is a good every day mascara, but not something I’d wear to get dramatic lashes. For an every day mascara it’s not worth $35. I could find something that works just as well for every day for less than half the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312001961010731/k2311a0120/1.20.10