Benefit Badgal Lash mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I had mentioned in passing that they would be a neat gift since I love trying out different mascaras
  • I’ve noticed that Benefit’s Badgal Lash mascara lasts all day, at least from my experience any way
  • For $19, I think it’s well worth the money

• by Liberty

Over the holidays I was given a gift set of sample mascaras from Sephora. Well, they were bought from Sephora, not that they gave it to me for free. It was a gift from my boyfriend. I had mentioned in passing that they would be a neat gift since I love trying out different mascaras. It’s one of the few beauty products that I wear often since I generally don’t like to have stuff on my face. I got several different mascaras by many different brands, about ten. Among the mascaras that came in my sampler gift set was Benefit’s Badgal Lash mascara. The following are my

pros and cons for this mascara.

I’ll start off with the pros to Benefit’s Badgal Lash mascara first. What I liked about this mascara was that it did many of the major things that I look for in a good mascara. It didn’t smudge, smeared or flaked on me. Smudging and smearing has been a big concern for me in the past because I lived in a humid area and I’ve lost count of how many times I had to check myself in the mirror to make sure I didn’t have a thick black smudge on my lids. Flaking is of huge importance to me because I’m a ...

• contact lens wearer. There’s nothing more painful than to get debris stuck beneath my contact lens.

I’ve noticed that Benefit’s Badgal Lash mascara lasts all day, at least from my experience any way. It’s also buildable, which means I can apply several coats to make my lashes thicker and darker. I liked that it kept my lashes curled too even though it’s not a waterproof mascara. It did a great job of lengthening my lashes, as well as making them look fuller and thicker.

There were some downsides to this Benefit mascara too, and that is that it’s not waterproof. It does a good job of staying

but when you live in a place that has unpredictable weather and can rain at the drop of a hat, waterproof mascara is important. I also didn’t like the thick bushy brush because it made applying mascara to the very corners of my eyes difficult. I’d get mascara all around my eyes, and it’s a hassle to clean up. The price is $19, which is fairly steep for a lot of people.

Overall though, I really liked Benefit’s Badgal Lash mascara. Even if it’s not waterproof, it did everything else I look for in a mascara and did it well. For $19, I think it’s well worth the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312001960990731/k2311a0120/1.20.10