Native Lights Casino  » Casino  »
12375 North Highway 77, Newkirk, Oklahoma 74647
  • I have had good luck with the snack bar and recommend just about anything on the menu

• by Marie Lowe

I kicked off my gambling habit in 2010 at Native Lights Casino and I left a winner.

The early morning trip to the casino resulted in a $40 profit after I hit an $80 combination on a Red Hot machine. Of course I played the money down but rebounded with four jackpot symbols and free spins which resulted in the profit.

The casino located in Northern Oklahoma is one of two in the area operated by the Tonkawa Tribe.

When it comes to casino operations, the tribe has had its share of negative headlines in recent times which scared some gamblers including myself.

But for the

moment the violations have been corrected and gambling continues.

I usually visit the casino on Sunday mornings. During this time the customer service is good and the machines seem to pay.

During this time, there are usually a lot of machines to choose from.

There are security officers at the doors to greet you and if you desire valet parking is offered.

The casino offers a snack bar which serves hot food including all the standard favorites.

I have had good luck with the snack bar and recommend just about anything on the menu.

In addition to the snack bar there is a full service bar.

I prefer the ...

• Long Island Teas. However if you are going to drink be sure and have a designated driver or call a cab.

The accidents in the area of the casino are nonstop and many are deadly because of the two lane road and the amount of traffic in the area.

Law enforcement is thick on weekends.

The casino offers many slots and was the first in the state to introduce the Ebay slot game.

The casino offers 10 Red Hot Jackpot machines, which is my game of choice.

As I said above, I hit on these this year. After 200 spins, betting $1 each spin, I left $40

ahead.

Like their sister casino, NFL football fans can take part in a free football contest during the NFL season.

Pick your NFL winners and play for a chance of $1,500. To win you have to pick all the winners. The pot increases $1,500 every week.

The casino is about five years old, and during my gambling times there, I do not remember experiencing a machine malfunction.

When you are ready to cash out, there are many cashiers waiting to help you or you can choose a ticket redemption machine.

So if your visiting northern Oklahoma for gambling, I recommend you give Native Lights Casino a spin.

Native Lights Casino

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 482001960950731/k2311a0120/1.20.10