Delta Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • I put in one for each, and I thought I was done
  • I looked up at the departures list and noticed something strange
  • Overall, the experience was hectic, but enjoyable

• by Tom

I recently chose Delta for a vacation flight from Buffalo, NY to Atlanta. It was way cheaper than the other choices (or so I thought)

My flight was set to take off at 3:50pm, so I arrive at the airport at around 2 for good measure. I made my way to the self-service kiosk, and began to print off boarding passes. Sometime in the process, the kiosk asked me how much baggage each person would be carrying.

I put in one for each, and I thought I was done. But, the kiosk then asked me how I would like to pay. I looked at the receipt, and saw that for each piece of baggage.

I was charged $15,

adding a total of $90 to my vacation plan for there and back. I had no choice but to continue on and drop off my baggage. I went up to the counter, showed them my boarding passes, and they took my bags.

Also, I told them that, because we booked online, we were all seated in separate parts of the plane, and would like to be seated together. She said to ask them at the gate, and they would do it for us. The gate was at the very end of the airport, and the sitting area was shared by one continental gate and three delta gates.

I looked up at the departures list and noticed something ...

• strange. It was 3:00pm, and the 10:50am flight was still on the ground. Out of curiosity, I went up to the ticket counter and asked why this was.

I was told that “an announcement will be made shortly, please calm down”. I patiently waited until the pilot stepped out of the plane and said there were mechanical issues with the aircraft. He didn’t say what, though.

I then went up and asked about my seat. He told me to wait until the 10:50am flight was off the ground. I did, until it got to be about 10 minutes before my departure.

I went up again, and, after a little arguing, he gave three seats in the

very back of the plane. We took off on time, and the seats were fine and the staff was nice. But, when we got to the Atlanta Airport, we couldn’t find my son’s bag.

So, we went to the baggage service room, and they told us to go down the hall until we saw a lady behind a desk next to door. We found her, gave her my sons boarding pass, and, within a minute, we had his bag. Overall, the experience was hectic, but enjoyable.

It ended up being more expensive for us than Air Tran, so I strongly suggest that you implement baggage charges before booking a Delta flight. I would fly Delta again.

Delta Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402001960820731/k2311a0120/1.20.10