Linksys Wrt160n Wireless Router
  • I give this router a 9, for it's ease of use, and the fact that 2 years and going strong, it's still working just like the day i bought it

• by Blackened30

I’ve had this router about 2 years or so now, and I have to say it’s a pretty solid one. This one is a higher end gaming router, but I’ve found it to be well worth the money. It was easy to configure other computers into my home network, both under windows xp and windows 7.

I also bought the Linksys gaming adapters that plug in to usb ports, so all you have to do is push the buttons on the router and the gaming adapters, and they’ll all

see each other. The range seem fine, able to cover all of a triple wide mobile home, as well as projecting out onto the street and into the back yard.

It worried me that it would have less range than some of the other products that had large exterior antennas, but that hasn’t been the case. Security seems to be very tight.

It has an internal firewall, so combining that with my own software firewall, I feel quite secure. The first night I had it was somewhat weird, since ...

• it has several blue blinking lights that are actually quite a bit bright, and it’s located pretty close to my bed.

Don’t get all freaked out if you wake up at night and see blue blinking lights on your ceiling. It’s not aliens, it’s just the router :0p Ir has a glossy black look that i very much dig, but it’s a pain to keep clean if you live in a dusty environment or otherwise get it dirty.

It has room for 4 different network devices, so if you

want to plug in other computers with cables, that’s doable. I’ve used this for LAN parties without any trouble.

It came with some decent networking software that makes any networking pretty simple, but i’d reccomend downloading network magic. Even if you don’t buy it, because you’re using a Linksys router, it’ll keep working for you, though not with full features.

I give this router a 9, for it’s ease of use, and the fact that 2 years and going strong, it’s still working just like the day i bought it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332001960790731/k2311a0120/1.20.10