Threats of the Galaxy  » Games  »
2.0
  • I found it weird that they throw out new items and new abilities in this book too
  • It sorta makes sense, since it's in context with the creature/group/race that uses it, but i think they would have been better off leaving that out and working on their formatting
  • If you're already playing Saga, then you should probably get this book, though i'd recommend buying it used or off amazon for cheap
  • I'll give this a 4, because I don't like headache causing books that make me waste my valuable game planning time

• by Blackened30

So I’ve been participating in a Star Wars Saga campaign, and thought I’d throw up a review for this book. I’m pretty mixed in my opinions on it. First off, it’s not just a monster book.

I found it weird that they throw out new items and new abilities in this book too. It sorta makes sense, since it’s in context with the creature/group/race that uses it, but i think they would have been better off leaving that out and working

on their formatting.

I hope you know by heart what each of the talents actually do, because you won’t find any descriptions of them in this book. You’ll see an npc description, with a stat block, but with absoloutely no caption as to what the talents they have to.

You’ll have to go rooting around in the main book to look it up. This mean using this book on the fly is a terrible idea, and it sucks that it’s been ...

• done this way.

There is also no organization by challenge rating available at all! In both 3rd and 4th Edition D&D, while planning you can at least look at the back of the book and see what creatures you might expect to be able to use around what level. You won’t find it in this book at all.

I find this to be a huge drawback, and very game master unfriendly. I don’t understand why this wasn’t included, it’s pretty essential.

The artwork is pretty good, and the actual construction of the book seems sturdy enough to last through alot of gamer abuse. If you’re already playing Saga, then you should probably get this book, though i’d recommend buying it used or off amazon for cheap.

The actual Saga system is pretty decent, so it’s worth putting up with this headache of a book for. I’ll give this a 4, because I don’t like headache causing books that make me waste my valuable game planning time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282001960770731/k2311a0120/1.20.10