Nix Creme Rinse for head lice
  • I was a bit disappointed that they had not included some sort of spout for pouring this creme rinse onto my hair with, or at least an applicator
  • It isn't cheap at $8.99CDN for a bottle, but it definitely works

• by Melissa Glenn

I was so embarrassed when a friend of mine told me her son had head lice and that I may have caught it! I had been visiting her at her house, when her son got sent home from elementary school due to lice which he had a bunch of others had caught from some unknown student. At first I panicked, through all my clothes in the washer and washed my hair. Then my friend told me that she had bought me a bottle of Nix Creme

Rinse for head lice and I should put it in my hair.

Luckily I used the Nix Creme Rinse for head lice within an hour of coming into contact with a child with head lice. I had flown back to my own home and washed my clothes in hot water, and me with hot water in the shower. My friend gave me this 50ml bottle of Nix and the instructions were really great. It said to comb all the lotion through your hair and pay special attention to the nape of the neck and behind the ears. It also warned me if I had just washed my hair with a traditional cream based conditioner I better re-shampoo as my conditioner would have left a residue behind which would make the Nix ineffective.

After showering and shampooing again I towel dried my long curl hair until it was just a bit damp, and opened the plastic bottle of Nix. I was a bit disappointed that they had not included some sort of spout for pouring ...

• Nix Creme Rinse for head lice
      this creme rinse onto my hair with, or at least an applicator. Instead this bottle of creme rinse looked like a small cough syrup bottle, and the creme was runny and white and smelt very medicinal.

I worked the Nix through my hair and to my suprise it didn’t run down the sides of my face, or burn when it touched my scalp, although my scalp did get a bit tingly. I did need the whole bottle as I have very long hair, and when I

had finished applying it I had to wait ten minutes until I could rinse it out. After I did that my friend combed through my hair and found no lice or eggs at all. So the preventative measure worked, as I don’t know in the end if I got a single lice or not!

If you have been exposed to head lice (and haven’t we all at some time) use Nix Creme Rinse for head lice. It isn’t cheap at $8.99CDN for a bottle, but it definitely works! Thank you Nix.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262001960650631/k2311a0120/1.20.10