Kuwait Airways  » Airlines  »
1.5
  • He answer was NO and encouraged me to write in an official complaint in black and white

• by JC

Recently I flew from Kuala Lumpur to New York, connecting at Kuwait City and transit at London, on Kuwait Airways. Ive flown quite a bit in my life, but had never encountered an airline with such a bad service. These were what I went through with them:

a) Connecting flight was about 4 hour wait at Kuwait City airport, no notice/announcement was made as to refreshment/snack with be served free of charge at the airport. Went on the next plane, found out about this from the passenger sitted next to me. So, I missed, damn! On return, again connecting at the same airport, more than 4 hour wait, it was 7 pm I landed at that airport. This time I was smarter,

went to the transit desk and get a meal voucher, wow! But just to find out it was a breakfast voucher and only entitled to some simple rolls I would not even give to my guest. Upon checking with others who travelled on the same route as me, they got the dinner vouchers, what a doubled standard! I went back to the transit desk staff asked for dinner voucher. I was denied somehow, I insisted to see the manager and explain to him. He answer was “NO” and encouraged me to write in an official complaint in black and white. How pethetic for a rich country to treat their customers that way.

It is not surprising why the Kuwait City ...

• airport is backwards, bad service has caused demand to be low on Kuwait Airways.

b) Toilets at the airport do not even have wall coat hooks/hangers!!! Toilet paper was miserable quality.

c) Cabin Service: i) no alcohol was served, how can they claimed to be an intenational airline?

ii) don’t ever close your eyes if you expect to be given a headset, close your eyes, you miss it and the “call service” is a no event thing to them. Why do they have these lights if they do not attend to the passengers who push that service button?

iii) Plane is preparing for landing,fancy you could keep your headset longer if you desire? Sorry, not on this airline, give it back unless you want

to be shouted at by the huge-sized cabin stewards. Blanket, same story. They will not let you keep it even if you feel really cold. What a pathetic airline!

iv) Steward carrying cups of water on a tray walking down the isle, murmuring water, water…. He would not bother to stop/pause at the seats to offer to the passengers, and later I asked for water that was not served after requesting. The answer I was given was “Water had been served!” Amazing!

v) With these happening to me, I went to the toilet and came face to face with a couple of stewards, they were staring at me with those “Osama” eyes as if going to eat me up.

Kuwait Airways………my first and the last experience!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Kuwait Airways

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402001960450631/k2311a0120/1.20.10