Indian Valley Campground  » Travel  »
2.5
Middleville, MI
  • Our family has enjoyed camping for many years
  • When we got there, the first thing I noticed was that it was very wooded and there was a lot of dirt and not much grass
  • It's a matter of personal preference, but I like to camp in more grassy open spaces where it's light and sunny
  • We have found so many other campgrounds that we like, that I don't think we will be returning to Indian Valley

• by mariekay

Our family has enjoyed camping for many years. We have our favorite campgrounds, but we also like to try new places once in a while. Livingg in Michigan offers plenty of options as there are a wide variety of campgrounds from which to choose.

Several years ago we decided to try Indian Valley campground. One reason we chose this place is that it’s close to home. We don’t like to travel too far pulling the trailer. The drive was about 45 minutes. We had also heard good things about th campground from friends that were regular campers there.

When we

got there, the first thing I noticed was that it was very wooded and there was a lot of dirt and not much grass. It’s a matter of personal preference, but I like to camp in more grassy open spaces where it’s light and sunny. All the campsite I saw here were dark because there were so many trees.

The camp site are pretty spacious, though. Each site had a fire pit and picnic table, some were more rustic an some had water and electric hook-up available. Right down from our site there was an outdoor pool and a ...

• rec room, and also a kids playground.

The pool was nice, but it wasn’t exceptionally clean. That probably had to do with how dirty the campground was, meaning a lot of dirt on the ground and very little grass. I imagine there were plenty of kids with muddy feet jumping into that pool.

A couple nice features of Indian Valley campground include planned kids activities and hayrides. The kids enjoyed the evening wagon rides through the park. The also had a clubhouse where they had kids and adults event, one night they even had a dance complete with live music

and a DJ. That was pretty unique for a campground.

Overall I would say this campground was okay. We had fun, but it wasn’t exactly high-end. The price was a little high for what you get. The campground could really improve my planting some grass, because all that dirt is not good when you get a little rain mixed in. It was very muddy one of the days we were there.

We have found so many other campgrounds that we like, that I don’t think we will be returning to Indian Valley. It’s not terrible, but it’s not all that great either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381901959970631/k2311a0119/1.19.10