Vicks Nyquil Cough Syrup  » Medicine  »
  • Recently I noticed that Vicks Nyquil has changed and now comes in several different varieties
  • So, I chose the one that I thought most closely resembled the original Nyquil - Nyquil Cough
  • That's actually why I like the Nyquil when I'm sick, you get the symptom relief and you also get a sleep aid to help you get the rest you need

• by mariekay

It seems that Vicks Nyquil has been around forever. When I was a kid, my mom would give it to me if I had a cold, and it would help me sleep through the night. Recently I noticed that Vicks Nyquil has changed and now comes in several different varieties. There is Nyquil Cough, Niquil Cold and Flu, Nyquil D, Nyquil less drowsy, and more. I was suddenly confused when I went to pick up some regular Nyquil at the store the other day. So, I chose the one that I thought most closely resembled the original Nyquil - Nyquil Cough.

There are a couple things

that make Nyquil different from other cough syrups. First of all, Nyquil also contains an antihistamine, which aids in drying up a runny nose, watery eyes, and also helps control sneezing. Another ingredient in Nyquil is alcohol. I’m not sure if that’s in there for any purpose other than to help you sleep. But whatever the reason, it does seem to work.

It’s no surprise that Nyquil works effectively as a sleep aid being that it contains Doxylamine succinate (the antihistamine) which makes you drowsy anyway. Top that with the alcohol in the product, and you have a pretty powerful cocktail on your hands. That’s ...

• actually why I like the Nyquil when I’m sick, you get the symptom relief and you also get a sleep aid to help you get the rest you need.

I did notice recently that it’s important to only take the recommended dose of the medicine. I found out the hard way. I had a particularly nasty cold, so I thought I would take a double dose so it would really knock me out. Well, I did initially fall asleep quickly, but halfway through the night I woke up, and was wide awake with insomnia the rest of the night. It was never like that when I took

the normal dose.

So, overall I like this product. I don’t know if it’s still the same as the original, or if they have changed it. Now there are so many other options out there so it’s just a matter of finding the one that suits your individual needs. I like to keep a bottle of Nyquil in th ehouse just in case me or my family memebers come down with a little something, because it really does help you get the rest you need when taken in th epropr manner,

I woul drecommend this product to anyone looking for cold and cough relief and also a good night’s sleep.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261901959930631/k2311a0119/1.19.10