Greenies Pill Pockets  » Pets  »
  • I highly recommend this product if you have used other means and failed
  • In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Greenies Pill Pockets
  • Please note I personally don't have any experience with cats and pill pockets, but they are still on the market so I assume the cat formulation will work just as well

• by Fallon

Most dog and cat owners are familiar with the brand name “Greenies”. Greenies first gained it’s mainstream popularity with it’s edible green treats that were said to help keep your furry friend’s teeth clean–thus, the toothbrush shape. The focus of this article, however, is on another product made by “Greenies.” This product is called Pill Pockets.

The purpose of this edible treat is to give your pet medication easier. In my local stores I have only seen two flavors on display–beef and chicken. (My dog prefers beef.) I highly recommend this product if you have used other means and failed. For example, I have tried using butter, cheese, and even small pieces of hotdog to hide the pill in

but my dog seems to always out smart those methods by licking the butter off the pill and not swallowing the pill; or eating the cheese and hotdog but leaving the pill on the floor. This product is a minor miracle for me and my dog. He loves the taste. He doesn’t even realize I’m giving him a pill.

“Greenies Pill Pockets” have a consistency similar to that of the children’s toy “Silly Putty”. The Pill Pockets themselves are very easy to work with. If you can imagine a real tiny coffee cup without the handle, that is what Pill Pockets are shaped like. As the directions say, you place the pill into the pocket like you would put ...

• a sugar cube into a tiny coffee cup. Once this is done you simply squeeze the top together and your pet thinks he/she is getting a wonderful treat! Pill Pockets come in two different sizes. One is geared more toward round tablets and the other is intended for the longer capsules. Keep in mind that the Pill Pockets are so smooth and bendable that you can always take part of another pocket and add to the pocket you already have in your hand if the tip of the pill or capsule happens to be slightly longer than the pocket itself.

Depending on where you shop, expect to pay anywhere from $8.00-$10.00 for a pouch containing 30 pill pockets. There is also another

size available that contains 60. I’m not certain on a price range for this one. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with Greenies Pill Pockets. This invention has been a blessing for me and my dog. Please note I personally don’t have any experience with cats and pill pockets, but they are still on the market so I assume the cat formulation will work just as well.

If you have any questions, according to the package, the toll free number for “Greenies” is 1-866-greenies. Otherwise stated as 1-866-473-3643. You can look this company up on the internet as well at www.greenies.com

“Greenies Pill Pockets” are manufactured by S&M NuTec, LLC, North Kansas City, MO 64116.

In closing, I give this product two thumbs up!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291901959660531/k2311a0119/1.19.10