Western Budget Inn motel  » Hotels  »
2.5
3504 Kepler Street, Whitecourt, Alberta, Canada
  • There are many great inns and motels to stay at but the Western Budget Inn is far and wide the best one
  • Later I found out that any of the rooms -not ours but many others- have a personal Jacuzzi and that is not to mention the extra amenities found in the Executive Suites
  • Many people are extra-impressed with exceptional house-cleaning work and the friendliness of house cleaning staff and this is also something The Western Budget Inn has
  • Anyhow, the great experience of staying at the Western Budget Inn was worth well over the $100
  • Bonneville, whitecourt, cold lake, grand prairie, peace river, Leduc, red deer -lots of those places have more than one chain, too The only thing I disagree with in the Western Budget Inn’s motto, ‘A HOME AWAY FROM HOME’ is it’s a great getaway that is not really homelike but a much better place for a great vacation stop

• by BlaireLaClare

There are many great inns and motels to stay at but the Western Budget Inn is far and wide the best one. These inns are inexpensive -not the MOST inexpensive but they are so cheap for what you get! My family and I stayed at the Western Budget Inn in Whitecourt, Alberta to take a break from our travels.

The Western Budget Inns are centrally located which is fantastic. I don’t know how many other hotels, motels and inns they have to fight with for those spots but it is very good that they do. It is very possible we would have went to another inn if we had not seen Western Budget first.

Besides having the draw of being centrally located in the cities they are situated in the Western Budget Inn offers low prices: their rooms start at $59.99 a night. This price includes, in most of these chains, a free continental breakfast also which is another draw. These are two of the biggest advantages a motel/inn can have when their customers are driving through the city and those are the advertisements they see on the side of the inn wall so Western Budget Inn is smart to advertise these benefits first.

On entering the Inn we found that The Western Budget had many

more amenities than expected. When we walked into our room we were very surprised, at the least, to see that it was one of the biggest motel or hotel rooms we had ever been in. When we walked in we saw an area where the bathroom was located -as most hotels are set-up- but to our left there was a kitchenette complete with full sized fridge, oven, microwave and most utensils. In regard to the aesthetics of the room we were very pleasantly surprised to find a fireplace, an actual fireplace. Despite the wonderful fireplace the large room did not feel confined, partially because of the bay windows. Later I found out that any of the rooms -not ours but many others- have a personal Jacuzzi and that is not to mention the extra amenities found in the Executive Suites.

For people that have children who love pools or just for the young at heart there is a pool that you can go to as well and on the way there or back you can stop to use the coin-operated washers and dryers if you wish. There are not a lot of motels that offer this but all Western Budget Inns do.

Many people are extra-impressed with exceptional house-cleaning work and the ...

• friendliness of house cleaning staff and this is also something The Western Budget Inn has. The rooms are spotless and everything in the room is very professional from the gorgeous bedding to the neatly “folded” toilet paper. In the hallway and around the inn the staff we saw here full of smiles, good mornings and they always ask you how you are. This seems like a small thing but it is exceptional to see a friendly person in the morning rather than a sour one. From the most influential person in the Inn to the lowest employee the friendliness can be found everywhere.

I found nothing negative to say about the Western Budget Inn. On paying at the check-out desk I filled out the comment card and checked that I was “very satisfied/impressed” with everything I saw there. I might say, though, that when I handed the clerk my credit card I was a little surprised that the room total came to $40.00 CAD more than the rooms advertised as ’starting at $59.99 a night‘. On the other hand, I would have been very surprised had our room total not been around $100. There are lower priced rooms such as the $59.99 but these are few and hard to get. Anyhow, the great

experience of staying at the Western Budget Inn was worth well over the $100. To put the price in perspective that same hotel room been in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan or another large Canadian city it would almost certainly have been well over $200 so it was wonderful!

Chains in: Bonneville, whitecourt, cold lake, grand prairie, peace river, Leduc, red deer -lots of those places have more than one chain, too

The only thing I disagree with in the Western Budget Inn’s motto, ‘A HOME AWAY FROM HOME’ is it’s a great getaway that is not really homelike but a much better place for a great vacation stop! If you are truly looking for a very, very inexpensive place to stay I would warn that the Western Budget Inn is not often as inexpensive as the price claimed; the price is no lie but the rooms that are listed at $59.99 a night are hard to get. But, if the price is not so much a concern the Western Budget Inn is the Inn for you. I do not profess to have very much money but for a comfortable stay the Western Budget Inn is great and not only that but you will find yourself very pleasantly surprised to see that it is actually well above just comfortable!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21901959630531/k2311a0119/1.19.10