The Virginian: The Devil’s Children  » TV  »
  • These aren't scenes I like much, so when the show starts, I'm already not thrilled with it

• by Orrymain

When I first watched The Virginian: The Devil’s Children, I kept thinking this wicked stepchild, aka: the villainous of the piece, looked darn familiar, but I couldn’t figure it out. Then I looked up the credits and realized it was Joan Freeman, guest starring as a bratty girl named Tabby. The one show I always

know this actress for is Roustabout, where she played the love interest for Elvis Presley. I always thought it was an odd pairing.

Regardless, in this episode of the 90-minute western, Tabby is a mischievous, disobedient, spoiled, all things rotten girl. She shoots cattle and sets fires, like in barns where horses and cattle are.

• These aren’t scenes I like much, so when the show starts, I’m already not thrilled with it.

Charles Bickford guest starred as Tabby’s father, Tucker McCallum, who has his own chip on his shoulder, not to mention another son who is equally disturbed.

I was actually fairly interested in The Virginian: The Devil’s Children, which surprised me a little

because so much of it took place without the intervention of the regulars. While there were a few surprises in the front half of the story, the second half was even more unpredictable, which was a good thing. At the same time, though, the story slowed.

Overall, The Virginian: The Devil’s Children wasn’t a bad episode.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101901959420531/k2311a0119/1.19.10