Kurth & Taylor: Kurth & Taylor CD  » Music  »
  • Kurth & Taylor CD is because I've heard Wally Kurth sing many times on the soap opera, General Hospital, and always enjoyed it, rather it was a lullaby or a rock tune
  • There's a tender ballad called The Only One I Love
  • I believe this was sung on the soap opera

• by Orrymain

The reason I own Kurth & Taylor: Kurth & Taylor CD is because I’ve heard Wally Kurth sing many times on the soap opera, General Hospital, and always enjoyed it, rather it was a lullaby or a rock tune. When he started to put out some CDs, I took advantage of the opportunity to get a couple of them.

The Taylor in the equation is Christian Taylor. Admittedly,

I don’t know anything about him or the rest of the band.

The liner jacket basically just lists the songs, but between the covers, there are actually three pretty nice black and white images of the group.

The first track is called Road Less Traveled, which is followed by a song called Make Believe. I like both tunes quite a bit. The vocals are clear and crisp. The ...

• musical instruments don’t drown out the vocals.

There’s a tender ballad called The Only One I Love. I believe this was sung on the soap opera; in fact, it was included a lot. It’s been a while, so I could be mistaken, but that’s what my memory tells me. Regardless, it’s a wonderful love song.

Kurth & Taylor: Kurth & Taylor CD contains ten tracks and I’m pretty

satisfied with all of them, except for The Lyin’ King. It’s very up tempo and somewhat whimsical in a way, but it doesn’t do much for me. There’s also the very different She’s All That’s Matters. It’s quirky, but you just can’t stop listening to it. I like it. I’m not sure I would have made it the final song on the CD, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141901959290531/k2311a0119/1.19.10