Tenth Avenue Angel movie
  • I remember it playing on television numerous times in my youth, and I always watched it

• by Orrymain

Tenth Avenue Angel is the film that introduced me to Margaret O’Brien when I was a kid. I remember it playing on television numerous times in my youth, and I always watched it. It was a movie that always pulled on my heartstrings. The movie was released in 1948 in

black and white.

Little O’Brien was superb as Flavia Mills, whose world comes crazy down around her when she discovers that her hero, Steve Abbutt (George Murphy), hasn’t been away on a world tour, but has instead been in jail. Everyone’s been lying to the little girl, so she loses her faith in ...

• everyone and everything. That’s not a good way to be, especially during the Christmas holidays.

Angela Lansbury, Phyllis Thaxter, Warner Anderson, and Rhys Williams all are very good in their roles. I’d forgotten actually that Lansbury had this role, as the affection of Steve’s heart. Also part of Tenth Avenue

Angel but uncredited were Elinor Donahue, Ray Teal, and Cameron Mitchell.

Ultimately, Tenth Avenue Angel is about believing, in people, in the world, and in God. It’s about trust and heart. O’Brien excelled at these roles, with her big eyes and ability to cry buckets of tears. I love this movie.

walter says :

what is the hand gesture that murphy as flavias dad gestures to flavia about a white horse as they cross a street ? WALT

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111901959240531/k2311a0119/1.19.10