Ball Park Beef Franks - 3.5 lb Package  » Food  »
  • Just quickly, I love Ball Park Beef Franks
  • So far, they've been the ones I've liked the best
  • This means that it would cost somewhere around $8.50 or $9.00 to get 28 hot dogs in those packages

• by Orrymain

This review focuses on the Ball Park Beef Franks - 3.5 lb Package. It’s more about the packaging concept than the franks themselves, which I’ve reviewed previously. Just quickly, I love Ball Park Beef Franks. So far, they’ve been the ones I’ve liked the best. Over the years I’ve sampled different brands, and this is the one that seems to please my palate the most.

The question that is really at hand here, though, is rather the 3.5

pound package is worth a special trip to a club store or super store to buy. The package contains 28 hot dogs. Now that’s great, but they are the regular size. I’ve never seen a package with the bun size lengths.

The good news is that the package is re-sealable, courtesy of a zip lock at the top. It’s pretty reliable. Every now and then it hangs up a little, but for the most part, I’ve been ...

• happy with that when I’ve purchased this large package. In a way I wish there were a bit more of a separator, maybe layering the hot dogs since all 28 are just stacked on top of one another in 3 rows. After you’ve depleted half the package, though, they start falling all over the place. That can get a little messy, but it’s really a small inconvenience.

The deciding factor for me on this large package is the pricing.

At the regular grocery store, a package of 8 hot dogs sells for $4.99. Many times, though, you can get that package on sale for $2.50. This means that it would cost somewhere around $8.50 or $9.00 to get 28 hot dogs in those packages. At Sam’s Club, I paid $7.98. It’s still a savings over the sale price. Plus, those $2.50 sales are not that frequent. I look at this as a bargain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271901959190531/k2311a0119/1.19.10