Television’s Greatest Hits - Volume 5: The 60’s and 70’s CD
4.7
  • I love the memories that Television's Greatest Hits

• by Orrymain

Television’s Greatest Hits - Volume 5: The 60’s and 70’s is a collection of 65 TV themes on CD. Talk about fun. This CD transports the listening back in time to visit with old friends in all genres of television. A minute ago I listened to the theme from Commander McBragg and now H.R. Pufnstuff is on. I feel like a little kid again, and it’s wonderful.

You can actually

make a game out of listening to Television’s Greatest Hits: The 60’s and 70’s, either just for yourself or with others. Guess that tune! It would be great fun for a get together or just sitting around with family and/or friends.

I love the memories that Television’s Greatest Hits: The 60’s and 70’s on CD invokes of me. For example, I love westerns, and just hearing the majesty of the themes ...

• from High Chaparral and Big Valley reminds me of the shows themselves. I can visualize the themes that back in the day were so much more special than these blurb things we get today. Back in the day, we saw our heroes riding the range. Openings weren’t 15 seconds; they were often anywhere from 60 to 90 seconds. They were productions.

This CD included some themes from the classic soap operas,

like General Hospital, from situation comedies like Family Affair, dramas such as It Takes a Thief and Judd for the Defense, and special events like the Olympic fanfare. There are science fiction shows represented, including The Invaders and Lost in Space, and the variety show is there as well with themes from The Carol Burnett Show and more.

Television’s Greatest Hits: Volume 5 The 60’s and 70’s is superb. I smile the entire way through.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141901959080431/k2311a0119/1.19.10