Music to Your Ears: A Collection of Holiday Music CD  » Music  »
2.5
  • I do have moments when I love to listen to classical, but usually Christmas isn't one of them
  • For the holidays, I like merry tunes I can sing along with and really get into the festiveness of the season
  • My favorite of these is definitely the Skaters' Waltz

• by Orrymain

Music to Your Ears: A Collection of Holiday Music is a CD from Sony Music. It is full of Christmas selections which are orchestral in nature. I do have moments when I love to listen to classical, but usually Christmas isn’t one of them. For the holidays, I like merry tunes I can sing along with and

really get into the festiveness of the season. With instrumental music, that’s harder for me to do.

That said, I do acknowledge the beauty of the tunes on this CD. They just aren’t really that great to me personally. I’m not even sure how I received this CD. I suspect it might have been a freebie or ...

• bonus for something, but I really don’t remember.

The Nutcracker Suite is the opening portion of the CD, and it’s followed by the March of the Toys, the Skaters’ Waltz, and the Little Suite by J.S. Bach. My favorite of these is definitely the Skaters’ Waltz.

Seemingly out of place, all things considered, is Jingle Bells, performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra.

It’s bright and engaging, but really doesn’t fit the theme of the CD as a whole.

The CD moves on to three selections from Handel and then concludes with the Patapan, done with whimsical success by the Cleveland Orchestra.

All in all, the music here is very good. It’s just not something I tend to pull out, even during the holidays.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141901958950431/k2311a0119/1.19.10