Dutch Railways  » Railway  »
Netherlands
  • I love travelling by train as it gets me to where I need to be in quick and easy way and I am relaxed when I am at my destination

• by MisterR
      Most of the people in my country like to complain about the Nederlandse Spoorwegen( Dutch Railways) because of delays. But what they do not know or don’t care to know is that they are privileged with such a good rail service to all parts of the county cause not many countries have such.

The Dutch rail system is the busied rail system in the world

with on most lines 15 minutes scheduled services.

I love travelling by train as it gets me to where I need to be in quick and easy way and I am relaxed when I am at my destination.

The service at the station could be much better as they have been removing a lot of ticket offices that should have remained open.

Most of them ...

• are now ticket machines standing in the main halls of the train stations.

I personally would like them to re open more ticket offices.

Give a more friendly way of service.

One thing I am totally not happy about is that when I buy ticket at the ticket office I have to pay ?.

50 more because of what they call extra cost.

? extra cost of

what? The paper it is been printed on? I get the same ticket on the same piece of paper if I would buy it from a machine.

The trains are clean and being well looked after by 1000?s of people keeping them running safely on the network.

the Service could sometimes be better onboard the train or at the station but over all i give a rating of 8

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4421095891231/k2311a102/10.2.06