Erich Kunzel: Star Tracks II CD
  • There are several pieces from the Star Trek shows, my favorite of which is the main title from Star Trek

• by Orrymain

Erich Kunzel: Star Tracks II CD is a very nice compilation of various science fiction compositions. Kunzel and his Cincinnati Pops Orchestra are so good at conveying the spirit and excitement of the TV shows and/or movies the selections are from.

There are several pieces from the Star Trek shows, my favorite of which is the

main title from Star Trek: The Voyage Home.

There’s a piece called Dimensions that I’ve never heard of before this CD. It has a very catchy quality to it. It’s almost whimsical in a way. It certainly had my attention.

Other selections on Erich Kunzel: Star Tracks II CD are from Superman, Back to the Future,

• Space Camp, Cocoon, and more. I was surprised to see Space Camp on here, but I liked it. That’s somewhat of a B-movie, but it was very enjoyable for me.

Aside from the Star Trek music, my next favorite was probably The Right Stuff song. I find that to be so uplifting and stirring.

It just makes your chest puff out in pride. The movie was complex but rousing, and that’s how the theme is as well. It’s great.

Overall, while not as fun as some other Kunzel collections, Erich Kunzel: Star Tracks II CD is worth the buy and spending the time to kick back and listen to it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141901958820431/k2311a0119/1.19.10