A Treasure Chest of Classical Favorites - CD
  • This is my favorite disk, probably because I can relate movies to all of the choices

• by Orrymain

A Treasure Chest of Classical Favorites - CD is a four CD set from Reader’s Digest that showcases classical music. Included is a small, thick booklet that walks through the selections, disk by disk, telling us about the composers and the compositions.

Disk One includes the classics, like Rhapsody in Blue, Flight of the Bumblebee, and the Emperor’s Waltz. Some of

these are quite long, by the way. My favorite is the final track, Lullaby. It’s so sweet and lovely. It’s innocence at its best.

Disk Two focuses on symphonic waltzes and dances, including The Merry Widow Waltz, The Skaters Waltz (I really like this one), and the ultra well known Pomp and Circumstance. My favorite is the American Salute.

• I’m a very patriotic person so take grand classics like this composition does and I’m gonna be a fan. It’s a very fanciful interpretation, too.

Disk Three turns its attention to fabulous fantasies, which translates to four pretty long compositions. The most famous one is probably The Nutcracker Suite, which is over 25 minutes long.

Disk Four covers orchestral showpieces, such as the

William Tell Overature, Ride of the Valkries, and the 1812 overture. This is my favorite disk, probably because I can relate movies to all of the choices.

A Treasure Chest of Classical Favorites - CD is really a nice collection for someone new to classical music. I’d introduce it to young children early on to let them learn about this grand style of music.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141901958810431/k2311a0119/1.19.10